Power converters designed for patient safety
Many Polytron DC-DC converters and AC-DC converters have been approved for use in medical applications—including equipment and devices used in close proximity to patients.
All of our medical power electronics meet or exceed IEC 60601-1 requirements, offering two means of patient protection (2MOPP). And many of the medical products have isolation voltages of 5,000 VAC—1,000 volts above the minimum required by the IEC 60601-1 standard. Finally, all of our medical power electronics exhibit low leakage currents to prevent electrical shocks.
- Diagnostic and therapy equipment.
- Home equipment like nebulizers and blood pressure monitors.
- X-ray machines.
- Surgical tools with lights, lasers and video microscopes.
- Medical devices and equipment.
- Portable ventilators.
- 3D laparoscope.
- Pain-monitoring devices.
- Aesthetic machines.
- Medical analyzers.
- Medical aesthetic devices.
- Medical endoscope devices.
- Dental chairs.
- Hemodialysis devices.
- DC-DC converters are now available up to 15 watts. We offer single and dual output voltages.
- AC-DC converters are available up to 450 watts. We offer single, dual and triple output voltages.
- Power density for DC-DC converters is a dense miniature package of 0.80 x 1.25 inches with a height of 0.40 inches.
- 100 Watt AC-DC Converters are in a 2 X 3 inch open frame package. 150 Watt AC-DC Converters are in a 2 X 4 inch open frame package. (See below for optional package styles)
Input Voltage Range
- DC-DC converters have an extra wide 4:1 input range with either a 9-36 Vdc input or a 18-75 Vdc input.
- AC-DC converters have a universal input range from 80-264 VAC meet national and international input voltages
Output Voltage Range
- DC-DC: ± 1%, fixed
- AC-DC: ± 10%, adjustable
Our DC-DC converters support an optional on-off pin, an added safety feature rarely found on competitive products.